Tuesday, November 4, 2008

Bowtie Pasta Salad from LaRie McClure

Bowtie Salad

2 cups uncooked bowtie pasta
1/3 cup poppy seed dressing
1/4 cup mayonnaise
1 cup (11 oz can) mandarin oranges
1 cup sliced fresh strawberries
1/4 cup green onions (chopped fine)

Cook pasta and drain well.
Mix dressing and mayonnaise until creamy. Add pasta and onion, toss to coat. (I didn't use the green onions.)
Gently add fruit and toss

My parents have lived in the same house all of my life! What is even more amazing than that is that they still have the same next door neighbors that I have had all of my life; LaRie and Stewart McClure. I recently tasted this recipe made by Aunt LaRie and it was really good. A little different than most pasta salads. Thanks for the taste and the recipe, Aunt LaRie!

No comments: