Bret asked me if I was going to post this on my blog. That is a miracle because he is not a big fan on my time spent blogging! So, because of his suggestion, here it is. Bret likes salt & vinegar chips, so I thought that salt & vinegar chops might be good.
Salt & Vinegar Chops
- Use thin cut pork chops.
- Season them with just a little salt, pepper, garlic powder and onion powder (I just used Paula Deen's Seasoning - click for the recipe).
- Make a coating mixture of 2-3 eggs and about 1/4 to 1/3 cup of milk. Mix together well.
- Crush up salt & vinegar potato chips for the breading.
- Heat a large frying pan on medium heat with oil to coat pan. (I used EV olive oil)
- 1st coat a chop in the egg/milk mixture, then in the crushed s&v potato chips.
- Put chops in pan. Let fry for about 5-6 minutes on each side. Only flip them once because the breading will stick to the pan and come off of the chop.
- I cooked mine on medium for the 1st side and medium low on the 2nd side.
(Ramekins and plate were from Williams-Sonoma outlet store.)