Sunday, May 4, 2008

Subway Sandwiches - Meatball Subs

Are you a fan of Subway's Meatball Subs? If so, this is an EASY and yummy recipe just for you.



I took an assignment to help Courtney Cox, a young woman in our ward, feed the homeless. I took the meatball assignment. I am sure glad that I did because I got this recipe to complete the task. You do reap dividends when you serve! :) This was just tangible evidence of that fact.

It is Tonya Leavitt's recipe. Thanks, Tonya!

Tonya Leavitt's Subway Style Meatballs

1 (3 pound) bag of frozen meatballs
1 large jar of pasta sauce (Ragu type)
1 large can of diced tomatoes
(I added some dehydrated minced onions - on the spice isle or from the cannery kind)

Cook in your crock pot (or you could bake them).

They were serving these for meatballs subs, but you could definitely use it for spaghetti and meatballs. There will be plenty to portion and freeze for later using your Reynold's Handi-Vac. (love this cheap little gadget!)

The added tomatoes gave the recipe a depth of flavor that I don't get when I just add the pasta sauce to the meatballs. Yum, Yum! That is what we are going to have for dinner tonight. :)

No comments: