Tuesday, October 20, 2009

Esther Earl's Banana Nut Bread

Banana Nut Bread
by Esther Earl

1 1/2 C. mashed bananas
1 tsp. soda
2 eggs
1/2 tsp. salt
1 C. sugar
1/2 C. nuts
1 1/2 C. sifted flour
1/4 C. melted butter

Mash bananas, cream with sugar, eggs and butter. Add dry ingredients and nuts. Bake at 350 degrees for 40 to 45 minutes.

Recipe Background: I got a call from my neighbor wanted to know if I knew anything about Esther Earl. She said that she had an old ward cookbook and she only used Esther Earl's banana bread recipe out of the book. She said that everyone loves this recipe and so she was just wondering who Esther was. :)

I called my Dad and found out that Esther was Rulon Earl's 1st wife. Rulon was Grandpa Milton Earl's younger brother. Esther's uncle was Richard Condie who directed the Mormon Tabernacle Choir for years.

I went back to my neighbor and told her that I had all of the information that she wanted but it would come at a price...the banana nut bread recipe for our Earl family blog. The exchange was made and now you, too, have this recipe that everyone loves. From what my Dad said, everyone loved Aunt Esther, too. :)

2 comments:

Lisa said...

I'm going to have to make this tomorrow!

Lisa said...

This is GREAT banana bread!! I like it even better than my mom's secret recipe... buy don't tell her that :)