Monday, November 3, 2008

Gooey Butter Cake - Lots of Variations from One Recipe

Gooey Butter Cake

350 degrees
9x13 greased pan

Crust

1 butter cake mix
1 egg
1/2 cup butter soft

I add nuts, zest... depending on the flavor I am making...I also use a bigger pan for this amount of crust...like a 11x17...you do not cook this at this point...oh also if I am presenting this I line the pan with foil then parchment paper so I can lift this out to cut...if just serving like a cake no need to do this step. I make circles any shape you want leaves for fall...hearts for Valentines,,clovers etc! Use your imagination any way!!!!!!!

Filling

8 oz softened cream cheese
2 eggs
1 tsp vanilla
2 cups powdered sugar
1/2 c butter

blend together all ingredients on low speed until all is Incorporated together
pour mixture over UNCOOKED crust.....cook 40-50 min will be slightly jiggly in the center if NOT you over cooked it this is a creamy cake


pumpkin add this to the filling when blending 15 oz pumpkin and all spices and 1 extra egg...better made the day before serving IF you can wait!!!!!!

lemon 1/2 lemon juice and zest from the lemon I add nuts to this crust and use a lemon cake mix add extra zest to the crust for more flavor

carrot...soooo good...spice cake for crust 1/2 c carrots grated NOT in the food processor GRATED will add to much water...spices and nuts raisins...what ever you like ......I cook the carrots slightly otherwise they are crunchy this is better made the day before serving

banana 2 bananas and 1 extra egg

peanut butter,, may... a chocolate cake mix , 1 cup peanut butter 1 extra egg

chippy.....add..I cup white choc chips..semi sweet choc chips...heath ....nuts any combo you like..do a chocolate crust and serve with whip cream and drizzle with ganache

ganache 1/2 c whipping cream heated NOT boiled ...1/2 c semi sweet OR bitter sweet chocolate chips 1 tsp butter mix have all chocolate melted I do this in the microwave if little chunks of choc I put in the microwave til all is melted let it cool some them serve....store in frig up to 2 weeks this is what a TRUFFLE candy center is...can harden then make balls and roll in cocoa powder or powdered sugar...or reheat and use as a glaze or frosting.....!...

Recipe from my Mom's friend! Thanks Mom's friend!

No comments: